This project explores the relation between urban inequality and Airbnb. Through a comparative ethnographic study, looking at Airbnb in Amsterdam, Berlin and New York, it questions how Airbnb allows some people to create value in novel ways (including hosts and businesses offering services for hosts) whereas it excludes others, from these valorisation processes but also from the neighborhoods where they take place.
- Bodies Matter August 4, 2020
- Tracing Disgust: Cultural Approaches to the Visceral August 4, 2020
- Cities Seminar: (Post)Pandemic Urbanism August 4, 2020
- Embodied involvement in empathetic relations, in interactive media art June 24, 2020
- Acting Like a Robot May 11, 2020