Masterclass, June 28-30, 3 EC | This masterclass will explore the methodology one might use in art and cultural historical reception study. Recurring themes in such research often are cross-mediality (reception of one medium in another) and cross-modality (reception in another context); temporality, cross-historicity and trans-historicity: dynamics of reception within another time period altogether; along similar lines, transnationality or even trans-globalism; identity-politics and nationalism; and the rather large spectrum of modes of “reception”, incorporating relevance, reception in the classic sense, nachleben, survivance, and appropriation as much as restoration, (re-) construction, and invention.
About Murat Aydemir
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Murat Aydemir contributed a whooping 46 entries.
Entries by Murat Aydemir
- McNation: State Branding in and Beyond Russia December 4, 2019
- To Describe a Life December 4, 2019
- +31 Negotiating Cultural Identity in Dutch Online Youth Culture: Hip-Hop’s represent December 4, 2019
- Reduction: 12 post-doctoral fellowships in Berlin November 29, 2019
- Propositions #10: Instituting Otherwise November 29, 2019