Masterclass, June 28-30, 3 EC | This masterclass will explore the methodology one might use in art and cultural historical reception study. Recurring themes in such research often are cross-mediality (reception of one medium in another) and cross-modality (reception in another context); temporality, cross-historicity and trans-historicity: dynamics of reception within another time period altogether; along similar lines, transnationality or even trans-globalism; identity-politics and nationalism; and the rather large spectrum of modes of “reception”, incorporating relevance, reception in the classic sense, nachleben, survivance, and appropriation as much as restoration, (re-) construction, and invention.
About Murat Aydemir
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Murat Aydemir contributed a whooping 46 entries.
Entries by Murat Aydemir
- Seminar Series – Opera Forward Festival 2019 January 16, 2019
- Launch Event of Sound in Action January 14, 2019
- On Crime, Crowds, and the City: Poe, Dickens, Dostoevsky, and Nietzsche January 10, 2019
- The European Graduate School, 2019 Sessions in Switzerland and Malta January 2, 2019
- Creaturely Ethics and Poetics. Vibrant Possibilities of Human-Animal Organization and Culture December 4, 2018