Masterclass, June 28-30, 3 EC | This masterclass will explore the methodology one might use in art and cultural historical reception study. Recurring themes in such research often are cross-mediality (reception of one medium in another) and cross-modality (reception in another context); temporality, cross-historicity and trans-historicity: dynamics of reception within another time period altogether; along similar lines, transnationality or even trans-globalism; identity-politics and nationalism; and the rather large spectrum of modes of “reception”, incorporating relevance, reception in the classic sense, nachleben, survivance, and appropriation as much as restoration, (re-) construction, and invention.
About Murat Aydemir
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Murat Aydemir contributed a whooping 46 entries.
Entries by Murat Aydemir
- Professor J.M. van Winter Stipend 2019 May 22, 2019
- Summer School Communicating Difficult Pasts May 21, 2019
- Special Event at UvA With Civil Rights Advocate Kimberlé Crenshaw May 21, 2019
- Gender and Open Science May 20, 2019
- Architecture at Times of War: The Politics and Ethics of Destruction, Witnessing and Rebuilding May 9, 2019