Masterclass, 3 EC, 7-9 December 2017 | Ann Laura Stoler is Willy Brandt Distinguished University Professor of Anthropology and Historical Studies at The New School for Social Research in New York. She has worked for some thirty years on the politics of knowledge, colonial governance, racial epistemologies, the sexual politics of empire, and ethnography of the archives. During this masterclass, Stoler will address the trajectory of her work and how subjects change both the form and content of the writing process. How do words, concepts, and style matter?
About Murat Aydemir
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Murat Aydemir contributed a whooping 18 entries.
Entries by Murat Aydemir
CFP ASCA/NICA Graduate Workshop, deadline October 17, 2017 | Violence is all around us. In Dissecting Violence, we will take on violence and its structures, its imaginaries and representations, as well as the multiple ways it can be resisted.
In the academic year 2017-18, NICA offers three 6 EC core courses for research master students.
NICA Core Course, 6 EC, November-December 2017 | In this course, we will revisit the main genealogies and methodologies of Cultural Studies in relation to current developments, exploring the following five areas of contestation: conjuncture, politics, reality, interdisciplinarity, and culture. How did Cultural Studies start out? What can it now be?
NICA Core Course, 6 EC, April-May 2018 | This course looks at the intersection of decolonial studies and normative political philosophy, and tries to address them from a relatively integrated perspective. We bring together both fields in a systematic way by testing normative theories of global justice and human rights in political philosophy against the works of liberalism’s critics from a decolonial or critical theoretical perspective.
- E-quality for #ThePeople: On the Populist Horizon in the Digital Age July 19, 2017
- Past Nature in Contemporary Art. How Art and Philosophy Interact July 19, 2017
- Secret Theatre: Off-the-grid Performance Practices in Communist Poland and Czechoslovakia (1945 – 1989) July 19, 2017
- Digital Deaths: The Affects and Arts of Online Mourning July 19, 2017
- Non-heteronormative Cultural Practices of Sexual Citizenship in Curaçao and Bonaire under conditions of (post)coloniality July 19, 2017